Monday, May 29, 2017

The Johnston-Torbert House


















The B&B I spent my first week in Greensboro in is situated in one of the wonderful antebellum houses. One block off of Main Street behind the court house it was built in 1828. The architecture is called Federal style.

My host not only renovated the property but also tried to furnish it with antique furniture to go along with the overall architecture. He has done a wonderful job collecting all these nice pieces.

one of the bedrooms


















Rather than a single room I occupied a flight of rooms with a children's room adjacent to the master bedroom on the second floor.

my bedroom















 
the children's room next to mine





































Downstairs is a large dining room next to the kitchen. I particularly love the kitchen table which is a great place to hang out, eat, read, chat, fold out road maps, and discuss places to go to with fellow visitors. Though most of the week I occupied the entire building by myself.



















Thanks to my very generous host, Laird, I will be able to relocate to the next door building which was also built in the same time period.



No comments: